Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Plot Thickens

After the very first date I can honestly say that over the next 22 years I could count on one hand the number of days we didn't talk. Immediately we began to find ways to be together. I would go by her apartment for "Sani-Flush" trips, an Auburn tradition (an ice cream place). We would walk through Auburn's Arboretum and sit on the bench and eat ice cream. Early on, maybe even the same week after our first date, I'll never forget. I had two roommates and we lived in a mobile home called "The Barn." The roomies and I were home studying when a knock on the door was heard. It was Susan, with her roommate, bringing fresh, hot, chocolate chip cookies (my favorite!). More appealing than the cookies, however, was the white dress Susan wore. Looking tanned and extraordinarily beautiful, I was mesmerized I admit. Her looking that good and holding a plate of chocolate chip cookies was about more than a man could take. After they left, the boys and I inhaled the plate of cookies and trash-talked each other about how we were getting "reeled in", hook, line, and sinker. And neither of us was complaining one little bit. Oh, and a plot was being hatched for dates for "South Sea Island" a Kappa Sigma specialty!

No comments:

Post a Comment