Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Begining of the Journey

We met in May of 1986. I barely remember a lot about that first meeting. I was on a beach trip with my fraternity, she was there with her sorority sisters. We were students at Auburn University, and we were in Panama City Beach, Florida. The "brothers" and I had concocted a trash can full of red liquid that tended to make you do crazy things and not remember a lot about it. We were having typical college kid fun, dancing, laughing, falling down, getting back up again. Little did I know: I was about to meet my wife. Her roommate, whom I had known and met for some time, had met my roommate. She liked him. She wanted to go out with him. She asked me to set up a date for her with my roomie, Mike. "Fine," I said, "but you'll have to fix me up to." So she turned around and said, "How about her?" She pointed to her roommate. In the darkness of the moon-lit night all I could see was this stunningly beautiful girl with long blonde hair. "Monday night," I said. And so it was. When we got back to Auburn, the first night possible, we arranged dinner.

3 comments:

  1. I should have put another "o" on then end of "too". Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing this Paul, and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul-
    You can edit your posts from your 'Dashboard'!

    Thanks for starting this...

    ReplyDelete